Launch Your Big Idea (LYBI)
The Launch Your Big Idea Program aims to motivate aspiring entrepreneurs to make the transition from idea to formalized action plan. Pitch your business ideas for a chance to win seed funding (up to $10,000 divided among the winning pitches)!
This six-week intensive training program provides all applicants with workshop and consulting sessions. Each consulting appointment will be 30 minutes in length. At the first consulting appointment, you’ll review your business idea and gain guidance on solutions and variables to consider. At the second appointment, you’ll be assessed on your preparation and readiness for pitch day. At the second session, all teams will be required to present a draft deck of their intended pitch so that we can provide your team with the support you need to ensure a successful outcome.
The Rotman Commerce StartUp Fund was organized in collaboration with Rotman Commerce Student Life, Rotman Commerce Entrepreneurship Organization and Rotman Commerce Sales Group.
The applications are now open till December 20th, 2023 and you can apply directly at RC PORTAL.
The Entrepreneurship StartUp Program is open to all Rotman Commerce students. You can apply individually or as part of a team of any number of members, but at least 50% of your members must be Rotman Commerce students. Not all applications will be accepted.
Success in this program in terms of both prize money and learning requires that you:
- attend the preparation session. You will also be expected to employ additional resources that will be provided on writing a business plan.
- practice and refine your pitch (coaching provided by the Rotman Commerce Entrepreneurship Organization (RCEO) and the Rotman Commerce Sales Group (RCSG).
- attend the first consultation appointment in order to advance to the next round
- present your pitch to an expert panel of faculty, industry experts and alumni
- January: Application deadline and pitch workshop
- February: First consulting appointment and coffee chats
- March: Second consulting appointment and pitch
Winning students/teams will receive their share of $10,000 towards the achievement of any business objective. Your business idea should involve products or services that are socioeconomically beneficial to society and be consistent with the missions and the values of the University of Toronto.
You’ll also be offered a mentorship opportunity for post-competition support.