The Director’s Awards were created to recognize graduating students (convocating in June or November of the current year) who have made outstanding contributions to the Rotman Commerce Community. The awards recognize students in five categories: Academic Excellence; Innovation; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; Leadership; and Community.
The Academic Excellence Award will recognize students graduating in the top 1% of their class. Please note: there is no application process for this award.
The Innovation Award will recognize students who express creativity through the introduction of new ideas, projects, and practices that better the Rotman Commerce community. The award recipient has integrated the interests of and leveraged the talents of diverse Rotman Commerce communities within the innovation. A maximum of four recipients in this category are awarded annually.
The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Award will recognize students who have demonstrated dedication in advancing EDI within Rotman Commerce. The award recipient has contributed to increasing access to programming, adopted practices that foster an inclusive campus environment and/or championed policies to make learning more accessible and equitable. A maximum of four recipients in this category are awarded annually.
The Leadership Award will recognize students who display leadership through extracurricular activities within Rotman Commerce. The award recipient has engaged in leadership that encouraged and involved diverse individuals and their perspectives in a collaborative process towards a common goal. A maximum of four recipients in this category are awarded annually.
The Community Award will recognize students who exemplify community spirit in their approach to learning and involvement within Rotman Commerce. The award recipient exemplified the Rotman Commerce values of mutual respect and collaboration, support and inclusion of diversity, professionalism, personal responsibility and integrity, and commitment to excellence in all endeavours. A maximum of four recipients in this category are awarded annually.
The student applicant must meet the following requirements:
- a recent/current student in Rotman Commerce;
- graduated/graduating in November 2021 and June 2022; and
- in good academic standing (minimum 1.85 CGPA, and no disciplinary annotations on transcript).
Students who have received the University of Toronto Student Leadership Award (UTSLA) are not eligible for the RC Leadership Award but may apply for the other categories.
We welcome applications from students who made a significant contribution to the Rotman Commerce Community and who meet the eligibility criteria. To strengthen your application, please tailor it to the specific award category you wish to be considered for; community, innovation, leadership, and/or equity, diversity & inclusion. Students may apply for one involvement award category.
- Complete the Director’s Award – Student Application Form by the submission deadline.
- Choose two people to complete a reference for you. Your references are responsible for completing the Director’s Awards – Reference Form by the submission deadline. Provide the online link to your references for them to complete the document for you.
Students are required to have two references to support their application. The following eligibility applies to the references:
- Any member of the University of Toronto community, including faculty, staff, librarians, alumni, and students.
- A current member of the University of Toronto community who is a faculty member, librarian, or staff member.