Skip to main content

Your browser is not supported. Please download one of the following browsers:

Health and wellness supports

As a student, maintaining a healthy lifestyle takes balance. Exercising, eating well, and maintaining meaningful connections can be hard when you have to balance that with going to class, studying, and completing your assignments.

We get it, and we want to help. Take some time to review the resources below and use them — whenever and wherever you are. Whether you are feeling energized and ready for school, or stressed, anxious, and unwell, there are a number of resources for you, and a lot of people who want to help.

If you have any questions about the resources below or just need some help getting started you can always contact Aman Chohan, Assistant Director, Student Life.

For more resources, log in to the Rotman Commerce Health & Wellness Quercus.

If school, work or life has you feeling stressed and overwhelmed, or if you don’t know why or what you’re feeling, talk it out with Paula. 

Paula Ghelman is our dedicated Rotman Commerce counsellor — you don’t have to be in a crisis to reach out.  
To schedule an appointment:  

  • Call U of T Health and Wellness at 416–978-8030 
  • Let them know you’re a Rotman Commerce student and you would like to set up a meeting with Paula. 

If you would like same-day counselling to help with issues like roommate conflict, exam stress, relationship problems, sadness or nervousness, you can call or drop by the  Health and Wellness Centre.  

If you’re feeling stressed or anxious about school, your career or life in general, review the resources below and reach out. You’re not alone and getting support can help alleviate stress and anxiety. 


Career and employment


If at any time during your studies at U of T you don’t feel safe or feel unwell, reach out to these resources:

  • Residence Dons
    If you’re living in Rez, your residence don can help you navigate problems and issues during your time at university. They’re a great first point of contact and can help you navigate resources and support services on campus. All residences have dons that you can talk to – if you don’t know yours, ask at your residence front desk.
  • Health & Wellness Centre 
    Offers students a wide range of medical and mental health services.
    (416) 978-8030
  • Community Safety Office
    Offers short-term support for those who have immediate personal safety concerns.
    (416) 978-1485
  • Sexual Violence & Prevention Centre 
    Offers help and support to those who have been affected by sexual violence or sexual harassment.
    (416) 978-2266

If you are:  

  • feeling desperate and hopeless
  • worried you might hurt yourself, someone else or are having suicidal thoughts 
  • alone with no one to talk to 

If you have:  

  • made a plan 
  • have the means to hurt yourself or someone else (e.g. pills or a weapon) 
  • have attempted suicide or hurt yourself before 

Emergency counseling services 

  • U of T My Student Support Program (My SSP) 
    1-844-451-9700 | Outside of North America, call 001-416-380-6578. 
    My SSP has culturally-competent mental health and counseling services in 146 languages for all U of T students. 
  • Good2Talk Student Helpline   
    Professional counseling, information and referrals helpline for mental health, addictions and students well-being.  

Other support services & resources

  • Residence Dons 
    Residence Dons can help you navigate problems and issues and point you to on-campus resources and services. Every residence on campus has a Don that you can speak to.  
  • Toronto crisis support programs
    Toronto has many crisis support resources that are available to its residents.  
Navi Mental Health Wayfinder