Applicants from Outside Ontario
If you are currently attending a Canadian high school outside of Ontario, you will apply to Rotman Commerce through the Ontario Universities Application Centre (https://www.ouac.on.ca/).
If you’re attending a high school outside of Canada you have two options:
- If you have never studied in Canada and are not applying to any other universities in Ontario other than U of T, you should apply to Rotman Commerce using the U of T International Application.
- If you have studied in Canada in the past, currently reside in Canada or wish to apply to other Ontario universities, you should apply through the Ontario Universities Application Centre.
Minimum admission requirements:
- Review the admission requirements for Rotman Commerce based on your high school curriculum
- A senior-level or Grade 12 English course is required
- A calculus course is required. This could be Calculus 12, a school-developed calculus course, AP Calculus, or another calculus course from your system of education.
- All courses taken over the final two years of high school study may be considered by the admissions committee.
- Any AP, IB, GCSE, IGCSE, GCE, CAPE or other courses designed to be taken in Grades 11 and 12 that were completed previously will be considered by the admissions committee.
- Completion of the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. We encourage students to complete this application by the published December 15th recommended deadline to that we may consider your application in our ealier rounds. Submitting after this time means we may not be able to consider your application until April.
To apply to Rotman Commerce through either application, you must apply to the University of Toronto, select the Faculty of Arts & Science at the St. George Campus, and then choose Rotman Commerce as your Admission Category from the available program list.
Once you have applied to Rotman Commerce through the initial application, you will receive an email confirmation from the University of Toronto. Please ensure that email@example.com is on your email safe list. The confirmation email will contain your unique login information for the Join U of T portal. It will also include details on where to submit supporting documents and how to complete the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. To confirm that all of your required documents have been received, see your Status Check on your Join U of T portal. It may take up to three weeks for your documents to be processed and reflected on Status Check.
Admissions decisions are made in monthly rounds from February through April. We strongly advise you to complete your application in advance of our recommended early consideration deadlines so that we can consider your application in our earlier rounds.
The University of Toronto offers guaranteed housing for all new full-time students entering their first year of university in an undergraduate program for the first time. In order to qualify for this guarantee, you must have indicated your interest in residence March 31, 2024 and have received and accepted an offer of admission at U of T by June 1, 2024. To maintain your eligibility, you must respond to all deadlines and meet all deposit requirements as indicated in your application and offer of admission. .
If you are currently in your second year or have completed three or more semesters of a CEGEP program, and have a strong academic record, you may be eligible for a provisional offer of admission to Rotman Commerce. Admission consideration is based on your previous year studies and your most recent R-Score, although we will review your entire academic record. Calculus I is a required prerequisite for Rotman Commerce, and we recommend a minimum R score of 30 to be competitive.
If admitted, all CEGEP students will be registered in Year 1 at the University of Toronto, but those with two or more years of study will be assessed for transfer credits. The Transfer Credit Office will assess CEGEP academic credits and will approve a maximum of 5.0 credits (5 FCEs). Students who progress through Rotman Commerce are typically limited to 3.5 transfer credits (FCEs). Students are required to meet with their academic advisors at their college or at Rotman Commerce once they are admitted to fully understand the transfer credit options.