Consult for Impact
In teams of four or five, you will provide pro-bono (unpaid) consulting services to not-for-profit organizations, social start-ups or a university-affiliated organization. You’ll experience first-hand the operation of providing consulting services to a client organization in a structured learning environment.
Second, third and fourth-year Rotman Commerce students are eligible to apply to be student consultants in the Consult for Impact program. Applicants should be passionate about creating social impact in their community, able to articulate their commitment, and have a commitment to learning consulting skills, tools and methodologies.
Consult for Impact student consultants will:
- Attend all training sessions and team meetings
- Perform in-depth research and analysis
- Identify optimal solutions and strategies
- Provide sound recommendations based on research and analysis
- Collaborate with team members to write and present project proposals and reports
- Maintain ongoing contact with their external partner organization
Student consultants do not implement the project/recommendations for the external partner.
Student consultants must be available for weekly meetings, starting the second week of the semester until the completion of the project for each client. Student consultants will be required to dedicate 5+ hours per week to the program, including attending training and coaching sessions and completing the assignments, reports, and presentations in collaboration with teammates.
- July – August: Fall semester recruitment
- September – November: Fall semester training and consulting services
- December – January: Winter semester recruitment
- January – March: Winter semester training and consulting services
Consult for Impact will be on pause for the Fall 2022 semester – please check back in late November for details regarding applications for Winter 2023.