Ontario High School Applicants
If you’re currently attending an Ontario high school, you’ll apply to Rotman Commerce through the Ontario Universities Application Centre.
The minimum admission requirements for Ontario high school students are:
- Completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, with six Grade 12 U/M subjects including English 4U (ENG4U) and Calculus & Vectors 4U (MCV4U). Special attention will be given to MCV4U, as it is a prerequisite for admission. Please note that Rotman Commerce reserves the right to give preference to students whose marks are the result of a single attempt at each course.
- All Grade 11 and 12 U/M courses may be considered by the admissions committee.
- At minimum, an overall average of all grade 11 and 12 courses in the mid-high 80s or above is recommended.
- Conditional offers of admission will be made throughout the year on the basis of your Grade 11 finals and 12 finals/midterms (in progress). This assessment is possible provided your record shows that you are enrolled in all required Grade 12 (or equivalent) courses.
- Completion of the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. We encourage
students to complete this application by the published December 15th recommended deadline so that we may consider your application in our earlier rounds. Due to the intensive review process, submitting after this time means we may not be able to consider your application until April or May.
- While there may be valid reasons for taking courses outside of your day school, we encourage students to take courses in their day school where possible. All aspects of the application may be considered in the admissions process.
To apply to Rotman Commerce through the OUAC, you must apply to the University of Toronto, select the Faculty of Arts & Science at the St. George Campus, and then choose Rotman Commerce from the available program list.
Once you’ve applied to Rotman Commerce through the OUAC site, you’ll receive an email confirmation from the University of Toronto. Please ensure that email@example.com is on your email safe list. The confirmation email will contain your unique login information for the Join U of T applicant website. It may take up to three weeks for your documents to be processed and reflected on Join U of T. Monitor your Join U of T portal to submit any required documents and check the status of your application.
Offers of admission are made in monthly rounds between February and late-May. Ontario applicants will be evaluated throughout the spring and require this time to ensure that Rotman Commerce has comprehensive information on all applicants to allow for fair and balanced assessments.
The University of Toronto offers guaranteed housing for all new full-time students entering their first year of university in an undergraduate program for the first time. To qualify for this guarantee, you must have indicated your interest in residence by completing the StarRez application by March 31, 2024 and have received and accepted an offer of admission at U of T by June 1, 2024. To maintain your eligibility, you must respond to all deadlines and meet all deposit requirements as indicated in your application and offer documents.