Community service learning
Contribute to meaningful projects in your community!
Co-curricular community-engaged service learning is more than volunteering! It’s an opportunity to get out of the traditional classroom and contribute to meaningful projects in your community.
Community-engaged learning is a community-based learning experience where:
- Students are active participants in creating knowledge
- Learning happens through reflection on experiences
- Students develop skills that traditional classroom settings don’t allow for
- Students gain deeper knowledge and insights on complex social issues
- Community projects and placements are created by community partners
How it works
There are three main components to all of our co-curricular community-engaged learning programs:
We provide fun and interactive training that gives you the foundations and skills to make a positive difference in the community. Learn how to build constructive relationships, bridge cultural differences, and get the tools you need to cultivate a respectful environment and support the development of constructive community relations.
Get out in the community and take action with one of our many amazing projects.
Join a special post-project session to reflect on the meaning of your experiences and what you’ve learned. Using guiding questions, activities and group discussion, you’ll have the opportunity to share, reflect, and consider next steps and possibilities for future action.