U of T International Merit Award
Terms & Conditions
This award is for four consecutive academic years and the total award value is indicated on your Join U of T portal.
This award is tenable with other admission awards offered by the University of Toronto, unless otherwise stated. An exception is the Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarship and the International Financial Aid Application.
This award is conditional on:
- Completion of your secondary school program with high academic standing and fully satisfying the conditions of your offer of admission to Rotman Commerce at the University of Toronto, as indicated in your Join U of T portal. The University reserves the right to withdraw this award offer if these conditions are not satisfied.
- First year students must be registered full-time, complete at least 4.0 credits by the end of the Fall/Winter session and meet all Guaranteed Admission (GA) requirements by the end of the Summer session. An exception is made for students registered with Accessibility Services with a reduced course load accommodation. NOTE: Transfer credits are not included in the credit count.
- Full-time registration and completion of at least 4.0 credits by the end of each Fall/Winter session in Years 2, 3 and 4 (consecutive) in a Rotman Commerce specialist. An exception is made for students registered with Accessibility Services with a reduced course load accommodation. The summer session may not be used to meet the 4.0 credit requirement.
- Registration as an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit). International students charged domestic fees are not eligible for this award.
- Registration in the Rotman Commerce program at the Faculty of Arts and Science; the award is not transferable to other campuses or faculties.
Award renewal is based on your academic performance and full-time study in your second, third and fourth year (totaling 6 consecutive terms). While renewal is not tied to a specific minimum grade point average, we expect that your high academic achievement will continue and that you remain “in good standing” as defined by the Faculty of Arts & Science. The award may be withdrawn due to unsatisfactory academic performance.
Withdrawal or Transfer to Part-time
You are required to inform the Office of the Faculty Registrar, Arts & Science before dropping below full-time status, withdrawing from your studies or if there is a change in your legal status. Students who withdraw or who reduce their course-load below 4.0 credits during their first year and/or below full-time study during their second, third and fourth year, may be required to repay all or part of their award. An exception is made for students registered with Accessibility Services.
The annual award value will be applied to your student account after your full-time enrolment is confirmed in September.
For information about entrance award conditions, check the frequently asked questions.
For questions related to your award, please contact Undergraduate Awards, Arts & Science.