Rotman Commerce is seeking to admit outstanding students that have demonstrated academic excellence, have an understanding of leadership and community, and a passion for the world of business. In order for us to better evaluate for these qualities, all applicants to our program are required to complete the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. The application includes two short written components and brief video which will allow us the opportunity to get to know you better. It will be considered alongside your academic record when evaluating you for admission to the program.
Applications for September 2019 are now closed. Applications will reopen in October 2019 for September 2020. Detailed application dates will be updated here as they become available.
rOTMAN cOMMERCE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION Deadlines:
We encourage all applicants to submit their RC Supplemental Application and any required documents well in advance of the published deadlines. We will have a recommended early deadline in December 2019, and final deadlines will be in February 2020.
How It Works
Once Enrolment Services at the University of Toronto receives your application, they will send you an email acknowledgement that will include your JOINid/UTORid, your University of Toronto Applicant Number, and full information about the next steps in the application process. Please note that all prospective students will be required to submit a Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application as part of their applications. There is a $50 Supplemental Application fee, paid with the submission of your OUAC application.
Details about accessing and completing the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application will be emailed to you after you have applied through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC). It is important to check your email regularly for communication regarding your application. After submitting your OUAC application, it will take several business days for the Supplemental Application email to be generated and sent to you. Thank you for your patience during this process.
If you have any concerns about completing this phase of your application, please contact Rotman Commerce by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is meant to provide you with a general overview of what you will need to prepare and to give you a sense of what the process will be like.
General Requirements and Advice
- You should set at least 1 hour of uninterrupted time to complete the supplemental application.
- All technical trouble-shooting is handled by Kira Talent customer support and is available 24/7. Contact information will be included within the Kira Talent site.
- If you applied and have not received your acknowledgment email or your Supplemental Application email or both, the emails will arrive within approximately 5 business days from the submission of your OUAC application. Be sure to check your junk/spam email folders.
Structure and Content
Updates to the Supplemental Application for the 2019/2020 application cycle will be available in September 2019, and will be communicated directly to applicants.
In previous years, the following structure was used for the supplemental application.
- Applicants will have unlimited practice opportunities. Please note that the practice questions are much shorter than the actual questions and not related to the content of the official application.
- The 2018/2019 application included two short written components and a video response – completion of all sections of the Supplemental Application is mandatory for all applicants.
- In 2018/2019, applicants responded to two written questions. The response to the first question (What are the two accomplishments or endeavours outside the classroom that you are most proud of and why?) was approximately 100 words and applicants had 20 minutes to compose their answer. The second question is randomly chosen from a question bank and the response should not have exceeded 300 words. Applicants were given 30 minutes to respond to the second question.
- Review each question carefully; be sure to answer the question (this may seem obvious!); and pay attention to spelling, grammar, sentence structure, length and the overall composition of your response.
- After submitting the written components, applicants proceeded to the video question and had 90 seconds to think about their answer and two minutes to record their video response.
- There are no “right” or “wrong” answers for any of the questions.
- Relax and be yourself!