Rotman Commerce is seeking to admit outstanding students that have demonstrated academic excellence, have an understanding of leadership and community, and a passion for the world of business. In order for us to better evaluate for these qualities, all applicants to our program are required to complete the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. The application includes two short written components and brief video which will allow us the opportunity to get to know you better. It will be considered alongside your academic record when evaluating you for admission to the program.
- Applications for September 2019 are now open. Once you have applied through the OUAC, you will receive an acknowledgment email from U of T and an email with instructions to complete the Supplemental Application.
- Please note, it can take up to 5 business days after submitting your OUAC application for the acknowledgment email and the Supplemental Application email to arrive.
- The OUAC application deadline for all applicants (OUAC 101, OUAC 105, International, Transfer, Internal) is January 16, 2019.
rOTMAN cOMMERCE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION Deadlines:
We encourage all applicants to submit their RC Supplemental Application and any required documents well in advance of the published deadlines.
OUAC 101 Applicants (Current Ontario High School Students) Recommended Deadline: December 14, 2018
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete and submit their RC Supplemental Application by Friday, December 14, 2018, 12:00 PM EST. Supplemental Applications received by the recommended deadline will be considered earlier in the admissions cycle (e.g. during the February and/or March round of offers). Please note, however, that meeting this deadline does not guarantee an early decision. Admissions decisions may be made as late as May 2019. We will continue to receive and review Supplemental Applications until the final document deadline for OUAC 101 applicants of February 15, 2019, 11:59 PM EST.
OUAC 105 Applicants (Non-Ontario High School Students) Recommended Deadline: December 14, 2018
105 applicants (i.e., non-101/Ontario high school students) are strongly encouraged to submit their RC Supplemental Application and any other required documents as early as possible. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and spaces in the program can fill up. The final deadline to submit documents, including the Supplemental Application, is February 1, 2019, 11:59 PM EST. Please check your Join U of T portal (join.utoronto.ca) for a list of required documents.
How It Works
Once Enrolment Services at the University of Toronto receives your application, they will send you an email acknowledgement that will include your JOINid/UTORid, your University of Toronto Applicant Number, and full information about the next steps in the application process. Please note that all prospective students will be required to submit a Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application as part of their applications. There is a $50 Supplemental Application fee, paid with the submission of your OUAC application.
Details about accessing and completing the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application will be emailed to you after you have applied through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC). It is important to check your email regularly for communication regarding your application. After submitting your OUAC application, it will take several business days for the Supplemental Application email to be generated and sent to you. Thank you for your patience during this process.
If you have any concerns about completing this phase of your application, please contact Rotman Commerce by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is meant to provide you with a general overview of what you will need to prepare and to give you a sense of what the process will be like.
General Requirements and Advice
- You should set at least 1 hour of uninterrupted time to complete the supplemental application.
- All technical trouble-shooting is handled by Kira Talent customer support and is available 24/7. Contact information will be included within the Kira Talent site.
- It is very important that you set up your Kira Talent account with the same email used on your OUAC application.
- Please be sure to enter your U of T Applicant Number correctly. Your Applicant Number can be found in your acknowledgment email from U of T, sent to you once your OUAC application is processed. Please note that your U of T Applicant Number begins with a 1 or a 9 and is not your OUAC reference number.
- If you applied and have not received your acknowledgment email or your Supplemental Application email or both, the emails will arrive within approximately 5 business days from the submission of your OUAC application. Be sure to check your junk/spam email folders.
Structure and Content
In previous years, the following structure was used for the supplemental application:
- You will have unlimited practice opportunities. Please note that the practice questions are much shorter than the actual questions and not related to the content of the official application.
- After you have completed your practice questions, you will have one chance to do your Supplemental Application.
- The application includes two short written components and a video response – completion of all three is mandatory.
- For the written component, you will respond to two questions. Your response to the first question (What are the two accomplishments or endeavours outside the classroom that you are most proud of and why?) should be approximately 100 words and you will have 20 minutes to compose your answer. The second question is randomly chosen from a question bank and your response should not exceed 300 words. You will have 30 minutes to respond to the second question.
- Review each question carefully; be sure to answer the question (this may seem obvious!); and pay attention to spelling, grammar, sentence structure, length and the overall composition of your response.
- After submitting your written components, you will proceed to the video portion.
- After you receive your video question, you will have 90 seconds to think about your answer and two minutes to record your video response.
- There are no “right” or “wrong” answers for any of the questions.
- There will be a delay before your submission is marked as complete on your Join U of T Portal (join.utoronto.ca). Submissions are updated on Join U of T approximately once a week.
- Relax and be yourself!