Rotman Commerce is seeking to admit outstanding students that have demonstrated academic excellence, have an understanding of leadership and community, and a passion for the world of business. In order for us to better evaluate for these qualities, all applicants to our program are required to complete the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. The application includes a short written component and brief video which will allow us the opportunity to get to know you better. It will be considered alongside your academic record when evaluating you for admission to the program.
- Applications for September 2019 will open in late September 2018.
- The deadline for all applicants (OUAC 101, OUAC 105, International, Transfer, Internal) is January 16, 2019.
rOTMAN cOMMERCE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION Deadlines:
We encourage all applicants to submit their RC Supplemental Application and any required documents well in advance of the published deadlines.
OUAC 101 Applicants (Current Ontario High School Students) Recommended Deadline: December 14, 2018
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete and submit their RC Supplemental Application by Friday, December 14, 2018, 12:00 PM EST. Supplemental Applications received by the recommended deadline will be considered earlier in the admissions cycle (e.g. during the February and/or March round of offers). Please note, however, that meeting this deadline does not guarantee an early decision. Admissions decisions may be made as late as May.
We will continue to receive and review Supplemental Applications until the final document deadline for OUAC 101 applicants of February 15, 2019, 12:00 PM EST.
OUAC 105 Applicants (Non-Ontario High School Students) Final Deadline: February 1, 2019
105 applicants (i.e., non-101/Ontario high school students) are strongly encouraged to submit their RC Supplemental Application and any other required documents as early as possible. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and spaces in the program can fill up. The final deadline to submit documents, including the Supplemental Application, is February 1, 2019, 12:00 PM EST. Please check your join.utoronto.ca portal for a list of required documents.
How It Works
Once Enrolment Services at the University of Toronto receives your application, they will send you an email acknowledgement that will include your JOINid/UTORid, your University of Toronto applicant number, and full information about the next steps in the application process. Please note that all prospective students will be required to submit a Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application as part of their applications. At Rotman Commerce, we are looking for the best and brightest students to join us – and we know that marks only tell part of the story. The Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application is a valuable part of our admissions process, and gives us a chance to get to know more about your abilities, strengths, and interests than your transcript can reveal.
Details about accessing and completing the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application will be available through your Join U of T application portal after you have applied through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC), and communicated to you by email. It is important to check your email regularly for communication regarding your application.
If you have any concerns about completing this phase of your application, please contact Rotman Commerce by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following information is meant to provide you with a general overview of what you will need to prepare and to give you a sense of what the process will be like.
General Requirements and Advice
- You should set at least 1 hour of uninterrupted time to complete the supplemental application.
- All technical trouble-shooting is handled by Kira Talent customer support and is available 24/7. Contact information will be included within the Kira Talent site.
- It is very important that the name and email used to set up your Kira Talent account is exactly the same as the information on your OUAC application.
Structure and Content
In previous years, the following structure was used for the supplemental application:
- You will have unlimited practice opportunities. Please note that the practice questions are much shorter than the actual questions.
- After you have completed your practice opportunities, you will have one chance to do your Supplemental Application.
- The application includes two short written essays and a video question – completion of all three is mandatory.
- For the written component, you will respond to two questions. Your response to the first question (What accomplishments or endeavours outside of the classroom are you most proud of?) should be approximately 100 words and you will have 20 minutes to respond. The second question is random and your response should be 250-300 words.You will have 30 minutes to respond to the second question. Review the random question carefully; be sure to answer the question (this may seem obvious!); and pay attention to spelling, grammar, sentence structure, length and the overall composition of your response.
- After your essay questions, you will proceed to the video question.
- After you receive your video question, you will have 90 seconds to think about your response and two minutes to record your response before submission.
- There is no right or wrong answer for either the written essays or the video question.
- Relax and be yourself!