Rotman Commerce is seeking to admit outstanding students that have demonstrated academic excellence, have an understanding of leadership and community and a passion for the world of business. In order for us to better evaluate for these qualities, all applicants to our program are required to complete the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application. The application includes a short written component and brief video which will allow us the opportunity to get to know you better. It will be considered alongside your academic record when evaluating you for admission to the program.
- OUAC 101 – Applications for 2018 are now closed. Please visit us again in October 2018 for updated information on applications for Fall 2019!
- OUAC 105 and U of T International Application – Applications for 2018 are now closed. Please visit us again in October 2018 for updated information on applications for Fall 2019!
How It Works
Once Enrolment Services at the University of Toronto receives your application, they will send you an email acknowledgement that will include your JOINid/UTORid, your University of Toronto applicant number, and full information about the next steps in the application process. Please note that all prospective students will be required to submit a Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application as part of their applications. At Rotman Commerce, we are looking for the best and brightest students to join us – and we know that marks only tell part of the story. The Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application is a valuable part of our admissions process, and gives us a chance to get to know more about your abilities, strengths, and interests than your transcript can reveal.
Details about accessing and completing the Rotman Commerce Supplemental Application will be available through your Join U of T application portal after you have applied through the Ontario University Application Centre (OUAC).
However, support will be available to you during this time – contact information will be included within the Kira Talent site.
If you have any concerns about completing this phase of your application, please contact Rotman Commerce by email at: email@example.com
The following information is meant to provide you with a general overview of what you will need to get started and give you a sense of what the process will be like.
General Requirements and Advice
- You should set at least 1 hour of uninterrupted time to complete the supplemental application.
- All technical trouble-shooting is handled by Kira Talent customer support and is available 24/7. Contact information will be included within the Kira Talent site.
Structure and Content
In previous years, the following structure was used for the supplemental application:
- You will have unlimited practice opportunities. Please note that the practice questions are much shorter than the actual questions.
- After you have completed your practice opportunities, you will have one chance to do your Supplemental Application. Note: Practice questions may be shorter in duration than the final questions.
- The application includes two short written essays and a video question – completion of all three is mandatory.
- For the written component, you will respond to two questions. Your response to the first question (What accomplishments or endeavours outside of the classroom are you most proud of?) should be approximately 100 words or less and you will have 20 minutes to respond. The second question is random and your response should be 250-300 words.You will have 30 minutes to respond to the second question. Review the random question carefully; be sure to answer the question (this may seem obvious!); and pay attention to spelling, grammar, sentence structure, length and the overall composition of your response.
- After your essay questions, you will proceed to the video question.
- After you receive your video question, you will have 90 seconds to think about your response and two minutes to record your response before submission.
- There is no right or wrong answer for either the written essays or the video question.
- Relax and be yourself!