Conference and Competition Subsidy application process
How to apply
Apply for the conference and competition subsidy using the online application form.
Within two weeks of submitting Part 1 of your application, you’ll receive an email to notify you of your status.
Subsidy application approval is not automatically guaranteed. Applications and/or reimbursement funds may be denied if:
- You do not follow the subsidy program’s policies
- Your information or documentation is found to be fraudulent or incomplete
- You fail to adequately complete the second part of the subsidy application process (reflection on the main learning and takeaways) within four weeks of returning from the event
- The event does not qualify for the subsidy program
- You have already received the maximum amount of subsidy funds for which you are eligible
- The subsidy program has spent its annual budget
If you are approved for the subsidy, you must ensure to complete Part 2 of the application (reflection questions and documentation) in order to receive your funds. Once you have submitted this information, we will process your cheque, which usually takes 3-4 weeks. When the cheque has been issued, you will receive an email to advise you that it is available for pick up at the Rotman Commerce OISE office (4th floor, 252 Bloor Street W). Depending on the number of applications in the queue and time of year (i.e., fiscal year-end), processing time can take up to 6 weeks.
Applicants are required to keep all receipts for up to 12 months after returning from the conference or competition. Random audits of expenses are conducted during the year.