When you’re admitted into the First-Year Commerce category in first year, you are guaranteed a place in our program beginning in second year, provided you meet a few important requirements. These requirements are in place to ensure that all of our students have the academic foundation to succeed in our upper-year courses.
The criteria to meet the guaranteed admission requirements are:
- Complete RSM100H, Introduction to Management, with a mark of at least 67%.
- Complete ECO101H, Principles of Microeconomics, and ECO102H, Principles of Macroeconomics, each with a mark of at least 63%. Students must obtain a grade of at least 63% in each of these two courses, and are not able to average out the marks between the two. Note that ECO101H is a prerequisite for ECO102H.
- Complete MAT133Y, Calculus and Linear Algebra for Commerce with a mark of at least 63%, or
– MAT135H with a final mark of at least 60% AND MAT136H with a final mark of at least 60%, or
– MAT137Y with a final mark of at least 55%, or
– MAT157Y with a final mark of at least 55%.
- Accumulate a minimum of 4.0 credits.
1 Students receiving a transfer credit for Economics must ensure the credit is the equivalent of ECO100Y. A generic Economics credit (ECO1**Y) does not satisfy program requirements.
Students may repeat any of these courses once, in order to obtain the required mark(s). The repeated course(s) must be completed within the academic year, which includes the Summer Term. Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in losing their Guaranteed Admission. Note that none of the required courses may be completed using the Credit/No Credit option.
Students holding the Rotman Commerce Guarantee who have applied for and been admitted to part-time study will be assessed for entry into Rotman Commerce once they have completed 4.0 credits. These credits must include the courses and marks indicated above in the Guaranteed Admission Requirements.
In order to qualify for the part-time provision, students must enrol in a part-time course load from the beginning of each session. They may repeat each of the required courses for Guaranteed Admission only once.
For more information on the Guaranteed Admission requirements, including how to request an extension, refer to our Guaranteed Admission resource page.