COVID-19 update for Rotman Commerce students | March 17, 2020
Dear Rotman Commerce students,
Due to the situation surrounding the COVID-19 virus, Rotman Commerce have closed our offices for in-person services as of today Tuesday, March 17, until further notice. Staff are working remotely and will be doing their best to help you navigate your studies and career development at this time. As a result, we wanted update you on some important adjustments to our regular operations.
- As you know, all classes have been moved online or to an alternate form of delivery.
- Dean Woodin recently announced that students would have the credit/no-credit (CR/NCR) option with respect to final grades. We are currently working out how this option will impact Rotman Commerce students. In the meantime, we strongly advise students to continue to prepare for and complete assignments and other assessments as we cannot guarantee that the CR/NCR notation will satisfy future requirements for professional designations (such as CPA), graduate schools or employers.
- Y1 students should note that even if you choose the CR/NCR option for the core courses that satisfy the Rotman Commerce Guaranteed Admission requirements, your underlying numeric grades in those courses will still be used to assess your admission to Y2.
- We’ll email you with more information on CR/NCR and other academic matters as soon as possible, so please watch your email for updates.
Academic advising and career coaching
- Until further notice, we’ll be offering academic advising and career coaching appointments by phone or online only.
- To book an appointment with an academic advisor or career coach, please visit the appointments section of the Rotman Commerce portal. When you book an appointment, you’ll be asked to provide your phone number and email address, and the academic advisor or career coach will contact you with further details.
Other RC services and events
- We’ll continue to post jobs on the portal, so don’t forget to log on regularly to check for new listings.
- Career Peer Corner has been cancelled for the rest of the semester. To discuss your resumé or other career-related topics, please book an appointment with a career coach.
- Upcoming Career Labs will be offered online. Please refer to the Events calendar on the portal for more information and to register.
- For the remainder of the semester, all other Rotman Commerce in-person events have been suspended or will be moved to an online format.
We understand that this is a stressful time for many of you, and we appreciate your patience as we work through the many implications of these COVID-related matters.
Please take care of yourselves, and stay well.
Professor Alexandra MacKay
Director, Rotman Commerce
University of Toronto