Hiring Rotman Commerce Students
Enjoy full logistical planning for on-campus recruitment activities!
Recruiting a student for your full-time or summer opportunities is easy. Whether you simply want to post your job to Rotman Commerce students, or you would like to host an information session to inform students about future opportunities and connect with prospective recruits, the career centre team can help. to discuss your recruitment strategy, to ensure you hire the ideal student for your business.
Corporate Information Sessions
We manage all logistics, including room bookings, audio-visual requirements, and event registration. We also ensure your event is marketed to your target audience.
Job Postings & Applications
Simply send us your job posting and we will be sure to share it with our students immediately. You have the option of collecting applications though our office, which we then forward to your electronically. Alternatively, you can request that students apply directly through your website or to an email account. To post a job on our secure, private Rotman Commerce job board, send an email and completed Job Posting Form to email@example.com
Interview Rooms & Scheduling
On-site interview rooms are available free of charge, and we can assist with scheduling interviews (both on and off-campus).
Interested in recruiting other students at UofT? We are happy to coordinate with other campus career centres on your behalf.
Please contact one of our Relationship Managers to receive access to a variety of resume books offered through the Career Centre.
Professional Experience Year (PEY)
The Professional Experience Year (PEY) Internship Program provides undergraduate students with a 12-16 month paid internship where they can apply their academic knowledge in a project-based professional environment as part of ongoing career development. PEY is open to Rotman Commerce students in year 2 and 3 who seek to combine their business education in accounting, finance, management and marketing to the business community. Past students have completed internship roles as business analysts, marketing interns and in supply chain services.
The benefits of hiring an intern:
- Access qualified students that meet academic requirements of Rotman’s leading undergraduate business program
- Evaluate a student’s potential as a future employee while they complete short term projects
- Mentor energetic and enthusiastic students as they share new ideas and a fresh perspective in the workplace
Program timeline for 2015 – 2016:
For information about program timelines, please click here http://engineeringcareers.utoronto.ca/info-for-employers/
To submit a job posting for PEY or to learn more about the program, contact:
Robert Ste-Croix, Associate Director, Career Services
Important Dates 2016-17
Monday, October 3: Summer Job Postings Go Live
Tuesday, November 1: On-Campus Information Sessions Begin (Summer)
Wednesday, December 21 – Monday, January 2: Career Centre Closed (Holidays)
Thursday, January 5: First Day of Classes
Thursday, January 12: On-Campus Interviews Begin
Monday, February 13 – Monday February 27: Winter Term Midterm Exams
Monday, April 10 – Friday, April 28: Winter Term Final Exams
To help us ensure that Rotman Commerce Career Services provides the best experience our students and corporate partners, we encourage you to follow the Ethical Recruitment Guidelines as set out by CACEE. Note that it is the employer’s responsibility to comply with all relevant federal and provincial legislation.
- When arranging information sessions, most post-secondary institutions book space on a first-come, first-served basis and it is strongly recommended that employers book early to avoid conflicts.
- Information sessions should begin no earlier than the 1st Monday following Labour Day.
- Contact the Rotman Commerce Career Centre well in advance to reserve interview space and provide company literature.
- Most post-secondary institutions book space on a first-come, first-served basis and it is strongly recommended that employers reserve space early.
- Provide accurate information on job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and contact information.
- Notify all applicants individually of their status.
- Respond to all candidates within agreed upon time frames and give reasonable notice (a minimum of 3 days is recommended) of any interview cancellations.
- Advise students of compensation for site or interview visits.
- Honour all offers of employment.
- On-campus interviews should begin no earlier than those set out in our Recruitment Calendar of Events
- Provide a reasonable amount of time for students to respond to job offers.
- Confirm job offers and terms of employment in writing to students.
- Inform the career centre regularly of the status of your campaign.
- Honour all offers of employment.
- Full-time job offers to students obtained through on-campus recruitment should have a minimum of 2 weeks for an acceptance deadline
- Job offers to summer students are not subject to any minimum acceptance date rules; however, it is recommended that a minimum of 1-week be provided for job offer acceptance.
Retracting employment offers
- Should your company consider retracting offers made to students, please contact our Associate Director, Robert Ste-Croix at 416-946-0612 to discuss the issue.